Monday, April 21, 2008

This is madness...they're back!

March 24, 2008

I am greatly inspired and perfectly astounded by the phenomenon that is Grey's Anatomy. As far as I can recall, my sister introduced me to this television series in 2006. One night, as soon as my son plopped to bed, I watched its first season and it was so good thereon.


"Taking its name from a popular anatomy book, Grey's Anatomy centers around the personal lives of interns at Seattle Grace, a fictitious hospital in Washington State. High melodrama is always on the operating table as the doctors of Grey's Anatomy laugh, cry, fight and make out in-between open-heart surgeries. Engaging characters and a super-hip soundtrack make this one hospital fans can't resist checking into." (BuddyTV)

This is the one thing I've always gravitated to ever since what with our very own McDreamy and the show's wonderful world of McLabels! The characters are so real and effectual sometimes I think Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, Alex and George were my real friends.

The inimitable loveteams aptly called Merder (Meredith & Derek), Gizzie (George & Izzie), the love triangle of Addison & Alex (Addex) and Mark Sloan, and Burktina (Preston Burke and Cristina Yang) made this show a crying success. This is the Number 2 most watched show next to American Idol which is my other favorite.

An added bonus would be the fact that I've widened my knowledge in the field of music via this show. The show's musical supervisor Alexandra Patsavas is one genius in that she seriously has the ear for scoring the perfect song into every scene and highlight of an episode. In effect, every show turns out hip, modern, and cool. And this is maybe an important reason why people in their late 20s until 40s have professed their love and excitement for Grey's Anatomy.

Patsavas has also given oportunities for budding Indie artists to offer their kind of music to its followers. I myself have seemed to switch from electronica and house to anything alternative and indie nowadays. I believe indie music is one genre worth supporting and promoting.

Clearly I was delusional about the whole Hollywood writers' strike thing that happened recently. I did not want to understand what was going on with the Writers Guild of America. All I wanted was for them to not stop the shows that we all love to watch. How could they possibly stop these shows?

Now, after four months of fighting for their rights by taking it to the streets, they have finally come to (their senses?) a negotiation with the producers.

Grey's Anatomy is back! I can't wait to see new episodes of the nearly-ended season four and what happens next to the cast. Grey's Anatomy returns on April 24, 2008. Yay! Life is good.

No comments: