Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Love Ellen

Born in January 26, 1958 in Louisiana, Ellen Lee Degeneres started as a stand-up comedian in bars and coffeehouses in the 1980s. Her first television appearance was in the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1986. The Ellen Show was aired from 1994-1998. It was in February 1997 that she admitted to Oprah about her homosexuality through her sitcom.

Now she does not look like 50 golden years old here.



The Ellen Degeneres Show

The Ellen Degeneres Show was reformatted as a talk show in 2003. The show starts with the point of view from the audience leading the cameras to the stage. The curtains roll up and Ellen emerges greeting the energetic audience with her ear to ear smiles. As the cheers subside, she proceeds with delivering her most well-written monologues and the suave moves only Ellen can strut out.



Perhaps Ellen has made interviews with almost all the celebrities in America and elsewhere. The unforgettable ones that I can recall now are with Oprah, Jennifer Lopez, Wanda Sykes, John Travolta, Patrick Dempsey, Leah Remini, Nicolette Sheridan, Alison Janney, Ryan Seacrest, Taye Diggs, Kate Walsh, Donald Trump, and even Tiger Woods.

In her show also, live performances are done by artists such as Corinne Bailey Rae, Maroon 5, James Blunt, and John Legend. Audience participation is always present in Ellen's things to do while airing the show live.

The Ellen Degeneres Show may be the most well-rounded talk show in America for me. Somehow it does not strike me at all as dramatic as Oprah can sometimes be. What is common between the two hosts is that they give away prizes which carry a range from the most practical and simple to the rock star kind, the kind which really leaves me drooling. Think iPods, Tivos, Wiis, other techie and savvy gadgets, to very ostentatious liner cruises which the contestants can win through simply played games of trivia and knowledge.


Her Achievements

She lent her voice to Dory in the 2003 hit Finding Nemo. She is the author of My Point Is...And I Do Have One in 1995, and The Funny Thing Is...in 2003. In 2004, she made an ad campaign for American Express that won an advertising award.

Ellen is a comedian, a writer, a talented host, and an actor. She has won about 18 awards as talk show host from the Daytime Emmys and People's Choice. She relished the honor of hosting the 79th Academy Awards and she was awesome in undertaking this privilege.

Ellen Degeneres is a gifted individual and I idolize her. Since 2004 when I gave birth to my son, I've always gone home early, eagerly anticipating, as dinner time was Ellen time. She could easily make me look like a crazy person, watching by myself and laughing my heart out at her amusing stories. She discusses relevant topics such as world disasters, interesting people with impeccable talent, lifestyles of actors and actresses, and animals of course. She is most passionate and at her element always when it came to animals.

The other night I chanced upon Last Comic Standing and I thought that the contenders may someday be like Ellen Degeneres. But in an instant I reckon it not being possible. Ellen is like no other.

No comments: