Monday, April 21, 2008

Glam Day

February 20, 2008

Lucky me. February 25 is declared a national holiday so I get to watch the Academy Awards live. As in the past years, I take the day off and see to it that I catch the Oscars. Why? Simply because I love watching the actors dress up, get grilled about what and who they're wearing and I guess it's simply enchanting to see the ladies all in glittery, elegant gowns sashaying down the red carpet.

The film industry in America is such an honorable industry, dedicated to redefining their craft year after year and making films that tackle plots of substance. At the Oscars, every bit player is recognized, from the screenwriter where the story begins, the editor, sound engineer, cinematographer, director and the cast.

Hosting the 80th Academy Awards is Jon Stewart. I expected it to be Ellen Degeneres, she did such a wonderful hosting job last year, playing with Clint Eastwood and Martin Scorsese on the side.

Anyway, with the writer's strike over, there will be lots of catching up to do with pending movies and television series. In the meantime, I'll be actorspotting at the Oscars where fame, talent and glamour converge!

No comments: