Monday, April 21, 2008

American Idol Fever

March 7, 2008

My friends know for a fact that even before motherhood struck me, I was a chanteuse! Apparently a frustrated one. Hehe. I joined singing competitions in San Miguel where I was lucky enough to be a grand finalist for two consecutive years. I sang songs of Barbra Streisand and Gladys Knight and the Pips.

I also remember the time when I auditioned to sing in Hyatt many years ago with the piano accompaniment of the late Tito Rudy. That audition night was one of the best moments of my life, me on stage singing with passion and entertaining people who equally share my love for music.

So whenever I watch American Idol, I tend to focus on every aspect of the contestants' performances. My mentor in Hyatt taught me how best to project to the audience, exude confidence in what you are singing, and as Simon Cowell always puts it, choose the right songs.

Tonight the 16 contenders will be trimmed down to the final 12 of the season 7 competition. I find some contestants to be interesting like Carly Smithson, David Cook, Chikezie, Amanda Overmyer, Brooke White, and David Archuleta.

I hope my bets get to the final 12 tonight!

No comments: