Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Almanacs

April 17, 2008

The other day I was browsing through the new titles in National Bookstore when I saw 2008 almanacs. It's been a long time since I last bought an almanac.

Almanacs always give me a sense of awareness with the world I am part of. It updates us about achievements and awards in the field of medicine, sports, entertainment, politics and science. It is practically an entire set of Encyclopedia Britannica incorporated into one fast-find concise source. Many more topics are featured in an almanac such as trivia on people, world records, events, facts and figures for every nation in the world, its religion and culture.


Moreover, the thing I like most about almanacs is the maps. When I was in elementary, my siblings and I used to memorize the capitals of the world. My mother bought a big globe display in the living room then which looks exactly like this.

That said, the almanac still remains to be the fastest way through world facts and figures.

No comments: