Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Skype and Facebook

April 2, 2008

A couple of months ago Rica invited me to join Facebook. I asked her what the difference was between Friendster and Facebook and if it was just another networking site, I'd rather stick with Friendster. It turns out that Facebook is beyond simple but fun.

As I started to scramble and work my way in Facebook, I thought the real strategy here to create a nice homepage is to embellish it with applications, yes, the neverending add this application, send this to friends and challenge them, add and send gifts application, and so on and so forth. It's entirely a vicious world around this social networking utility.


It was it the news recently that Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook is indeed the the world's youngest US billionaire. Zuckerberg is only 23 years old.


Skype, on the other hand, is a web tool used for text, voice and video chat. My sister who just relocated to the US said this is where we can communicate better and more frequently. Real thanks to technology. So after installing this app, I tested the video chat with her and I'm glad it works!

No comments: