Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

You're a kid of the '90s if you know Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Their on-screen affair makes you crave for more episode after episode. My sister had a deep crush on David Duchovny who played Mulder in the mystery and science fiction television series. And long before CSI or even House M.D. came into existence, X-Files had already leapt barrels of success in television.



So it came as refreshing news to me that a movie sequel was showing. I had a chance to see it and I simply loved it to bits. The element of coolness in Mulder and Scully once again set the stage for the effectiveness of the film.





About sixty percent of the film was shot in snow in the rural hills of Virginia and Canada, and technically, this may have been tough for the crew and backstage people. But it came out cinematically well.









The story was simple and I think it was the dynamic duo being brought back to the screen that was the vision of the film, and thereby proving that the formula of X-Files has not changed at all. Now I remember the distinct X-Files theme song and it definitely brings me back to that decade when this phenomenon came to life.

The X-Files: I Want To Believe stars David Duchovny as Fox Mulder, Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully, and Amanda Peet as Dakota Whitney. The movie was written and directed by Chris Carter.

No comments: