Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Slip

I am not brave enough to put up video blogs. I guess I'm safer in this zone of writing online journals rather than being in front of a camera and blabbering about stuff. But when I want to check out video blogs, I watch this girl, who for me, is too real to be true, very talented in creating and editing these videos and earning good reviews on YouTube where she became popular. Most of all, she is a Filipina reflecting tradition and values of the Filipino heritage. There was a time too last year that I heard she was here to become the endorser or promoter of the Department of Tourism. Wise idea especially that she will be able to use her tube channel to showcase the beauty of our country to the world.

Christine calls her Youtube channel as Happy Slip, that being her screen name as well. So when she started her thing in the internet, a lot of netizens wondered why she called it as such. Her explanation in her page is a hilarious response with reference to her mother styled with a very "Filipino" kind of humor.

Here's her latest and very entertaining parody of the Beijing Olympic Games.

No comments: