Friday, August 22, 2008

Legendary Brands

Globe Telecom has been victorious for bringing the iPhone 3G first here in the Philippines. I first knew of this when I saw the news on the digital board along Ayala Avenue. And so as I am writing this, I bet their business centers are all swamped with long lines of customers anxious and excited to get their hands on the new hip gadget.


Late last year, my elder sister purchased the first generation version of iPhone. When I first saw it and held it, the feel is firm and sturdy in built, form and design. Of course, without a need for elaborating on its features, it is considered my many as the most complete multimedia tool out there. To translate, I am impressed of course with Apple's ingenuity to combine a computer, iPod, and mobile phone into one sleek techie toy. Nokia, on the other hand, boasts of the same ingenuity. My N82 has been performing beyond my expectations as a 5-megapixel camera phone with integrated music player, making me a complete and fulfilled user. The Blackberry, on the other hand, is something I really wish for, maybe in the future. By its looks, I'd say I will have fun time experimenting on its QWERTY keypad and its smartphone features.

In the end, I think it always boils down to our choice of mobile necessity whether we look at it as simple or revolutionary, and the way we communicate as phone users, from simple texting, to calling, video messaging and sending electronic mail.

1 comment:

KGM said...

BlackBerry all the way! I'm on my 2nd one - I don't know how I managed without it :) -Tooey