Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Seen: Y Tu Mamá También

Having matriculated from communication arts, I like watching cinematic movies as sensual or erotic as Like Water For Chocolate and Love in the Time of Cholera. So I was not surprised to find myself appreciating Y Tu Mamá También when I first saw it yesterday. These movies have a common denominator which revolves around the screenplay and its Mexican-style direction.


Y Tu Mamá También (And Your Mother Too) is a story of two friends Tenoch and Julio who meet the attractive older woman Luisa and take a road trip, a journey enveloped in sex, friendship, and life. Written and directed by Alfonso Cuarón, this Academy Award nominee masterpiece stars Gael García Bernal, Diego Luna, and Maribel Verdú. Rated R for strong sexual content involving teens, drug use and language. My rating for this film is 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: