Friday, September 26, 2008

Old Friends

It did not help that the server was intermittent for the past two days.  And to think the past two days were devoted to backing up files which I told you about. Add to that ripping some music CDs I found in my stockroom.  

In between storing files, I explored Facebook and I'm really enjoying chatting with old friends and classmates from way back grade school and high school in St Scholastica's College Manila. Mark Zuckerberg is a genius in developing this networking site.  I saw some posted items of my batch mates included funny class pictures and music of '80s and '90s that take us back to our good old days.  

So next I thought what if I round up all my grade 6 classmates for a grand reunion?  But majority are out of the country so this looks impossible to do. A lot of reinforcement needed here to materialize the plan. 

Anyway, here is a sampler of pure '90s pop music that I posted in Facebook yesterday.  One of many songs that bring back happy memories, this is Everything But The Girl's single released in 1991 entitled Old Friends.  Yeah I know, melancholic song, but really nice.

3 comments:

eye in the sky said...

memories. makes me laugh - and cringe a bit - how very young we looked in high school. ive always thought i was already wise and smart enough then. now i look at old photos and i say,"boy, you dont know s___t." lol. the arrogance of youth. nice video.

jepayuki said...

hello eye! hey read your post about that enormous collection of dvd stash from bangkok! i must say, the titles are very interesting, makes me want to watch all of them. and you gotta activate that comments section in your blog soon =) anyway, how's your layout coming along?

eye in the sky said...

hey jepay. tried changing the layout twice already but i always get cold feet... i get scared might lose details from any of the posts - there have been 130 posts already. the comments shall be enabled again very very soon - with or without a new layout.

re: dvds, yes, they look very interesting and i just posted a few of them. i must have bought about 60 in bangkok alone and several more in phnom penh then saigon.

i do need to restrain myself sometimes as it gets obsessive. you should see my room. it looks like one chaotic bodega.