Friday, October 17, 2008

My Acid Jazz Influence

My acid jazz influence started when I was in my early twenties. I listened to music of jazz bands like Incognito (Nights Over Egypt, Still A Friend of Mine, Beneath the Surface), US3 (Cantaloop), and Brand New Heavies (Dream on Dreamer, Midnight at the Oasis). Since then, I have had a certain profound love for this genre.

For the past few years, I have also added D'Sound to my list, with a number of great songs to mention like Tatooed On My Mind, Talkin' Talk, Play Me The Song, Remember These Moments, Enjoy, Treasure, People are People, and Do I Need A Reason. Too bad, for some reason I can't catch them in their shows when they're here.

Now, I discovered one amazing song by Jamiroquai, an English acid jazz/funk/soul band with Jason Kay on vocals, thanks to my high school friend Marti who told me about the song. We're both fanatics of Everything But The Girl, another jazz band who does cool remixes of their albums.

Anyway, this song by Jamiroquai is called Seven Days in Sunny June. This is part of the original soundtrack for The Devil Wears Prada.

I think I'm having that last song syndrome.....hehe. =)

2 comments:

eye in the sky said...

"nights over egypt" and jay kay rock!!! i just love the swaying sound of an acid jazz - either comforting or danceable.

jepayuki said...

hello eye, isn't acid jazz awesome...i can't work without this type of music playing in the background. this just puts me in a different high =)