Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Bits

Julia Roberts' Latest Flick. I saw Fireflies in the Garden last night. Released this year, this drama was written and directed by Dennis Lee. The cinematography was what I liked best in this movie. Although I prepared myself to watch something out of my usual romantic comedy trips, there was great acting done by the cast. Fireflies in the Garden stars Julia Roberts, Ryan Reynolds, Willem Dafoe, Hayden Panettiere, Emily Watson, and Carrie Ann Moss.



Jamie, Oh Jamie.
Last week I borrowed these books from my brother and as I scanned through the pages, I think I came to know Jamie Oliver more and more. Then I realized a few things: (1) the rock star chef loves extra virgin olive oil a whole lot; (2) that he cannot cook a certain dish without putting herbs to it; (3) he included a suggested basic list for every pantry that loves to cook i.e. canned tomatoes, almonds, dried pasta; (4) he doesn't buy pasta when he's shopping for ingredients, he makes pasta from scratch; (5) and his influence is more of Italian food, ergo his penchant for soups, salads and herbs.

"The Naked Chef" and "Happy Days with the Naked Chef"

Pork Chops with herbs! This is one recipe I'd like to try.


Another SATC Gift. My sister sent belated-birthday-early-yuletide gifts for the whole family. And although I mentioned about this wish gift from her, I still got all too excited when I lifted it from the box. Yay! The book almost completes my own SATC keepsakes. Sex and The City really got me hooked from day one, and if there's one thing I liked about the fact that they ended the television series with only six seasons, that's gonna give me an advantage to pick up the first five seasons fast. Hehe.

My SATC addiction. Is the movie DVD out yet? =)


New Arrival Coke Bottles. My sister also sent over something from Las Vegas. My husband's reaction upon seeing his new toys was just priceless! Thanks again Alan and Lenlen!

My favorite is the Las Vegas bottle.

4 comments:

Twin said...

Guess what, I was walking down Beverly Hills last December when I saw some paparazzi in one corner (they were behaved although they were on top of their respective ladders clicking photos) shooting Kim Cattrall! She was doing a scene from the movie, Sex and the City! I videotaped it, but up to now, still havent checked my tape, LOL. That's how unimportant Hollywood is for me hehehe. Pirated SATC dvd is already out although I would prefer you ask your sis to get you the original.

jepayuki said...

hi twin, kim cattrall's character in sex and the city is the one i like the most. good for you that you witnessed a shooting bit of samantha =) i'm actually hoping there would still be a movie sequel! =)

eye in the sky said...

it was an engrossing movie, "fireflies in the garden", although i had some nitpicks about how some of the characters were written. what an utterly unsympathetic character the father is, and the only explanation for his "meanness" to his son is his constant failure as a writer? i loved the scene where they were swatting fireflies by the backyard. they hit them, while the lights scatter into sparks. very poetic, although some animal rights activists would not like it.

i was in awe of how hayden panietiere (of "heroes") became emily watson (one of my faves).

as for the cinematography, that's probly one of the reasons why julia married danny moder - because he is such a good cinematographer, like his work here. i guess the production was able to get julia c/o moder. nice film. makes me miss julia more though.

jepayuki said...

hey eye, this cast is powerhouse! in the opening credits i saw danny moder as director of photography, so i knew right then that the cinematography would be darn good. =) it's always refreshing to see julia roberts back on screen, she's as good as ever.