Wednesday, May 28, 2008

London

If there ever was a reason for me to see this movie, it would be that it was shot almost entirely in London. Plus the director is good.



Filipino movies are getting better now mainly because of beautiful cinematography what with the places around the world such as Italy, Dubai, Japan, USA, and many other countries that make the scenes fresh and exciting to watch.

I have an auntie who moved to Middlesex, England when she was still single. She married there and bore a son, my cousin Steven. Every December, they come home for a month-long Christmas vacation. London to me becomes synonymous to Tita Baby and Steven, and haplessly trying to carry the British accent has always been my comic tool with friends. The movie Caregiver is a fitting tribute to industrious women like my auntie. She is a veteran in her field and never ceases to be a good daughter and sister to her family in the Philippines. I applaud her for being the good mother that she is and a living example of a strong-willed independent woman of our time.

Hopefully, the movie shows these wonderful sights of England.


Harrod's


London Skyline


London Bridge


Buckingham Palace


Houses of Parliament

I hope to see you someday, London.

No comments: