Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man, Oh Iron Man...

My sister and I trooped to GB3 yesterday and came rushing to buy the tickets. Last week, she turned to me very eager to watch this movie. All it took to make me go with her? Yes, Robert Downey, Jr.. I never knew Iron Man until yesterday.


Tony Stark, sole heir of Stark Industries, maximizes his technology prowess and assembles an armored suit after an incident that nearly killed him.

There could be no other actor who can better play the role of Iron Man than Downey. His acting is effective to the extreme as he portrayed a rugged genius who develops a superhuman ability to fly and fight his opponents.


The movie is a current blockbuster at the tills, so I won't give away the synopsis further lest I feed you with the spoilers. Let me just say I enjoyed the movie very much and the comeback of both Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow (who plays Pepper Potts) on screen is such a refreshing welcome to the moviegoers.

Directed by Jon Favreau, Iron Man also stars Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane, Terence Howard as James Rhodes, Shaun Toub as Yinsen, and Faran Tahir as Raza.

This movie really gives a big bang for your buck!

No comments: