Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2.0

Whoah. I never realized it's been a year. In about two weeks, am turning another year older. God bless me. But before we speak of aging (gracefully, hopefully), I just wanted to have a mental walk through of what transpired during the past twelve months, since my last entry.

Recap! Oh there was that catastrophic "Ondoy" in September. More rains, thunderstorms, and cold weather in October. I went to see Singapore in November (my first time there). Then I spent a crazy, fun-filled month of bonding with family and friends in the not-so-chilly December. It was back to work in January and it started to warm up. Visited my aunt in Hanoi back in February and saw, no, not saw, but experienced a majestic wonder that is Ha Long Bay (would like to go back if possible because it's just awesome like that). We tackled the Lenten season during March and April, those summer months that gave the city sweltering, sickening heat. We started to have this and that, or rain and sun, in May and June. And now it is July. We have a new President (who has just delivered his state of the nation address twenty-three hours ago). Which brings me back to counting down the days to my birthday.

Whenever I would encounter "2.0" anywhere, I always think it's something greater than the first version, or 1.0. Let's stick with that mode of thinking then. This 2.0 version of my blog is something that is yet to be bigger, bolder if you may. Let's make it happen.

I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love written by Elizabeth Gilbert, now a major motion picture. Somewhere in the first chapters of the book, the author confesses her most favorite word of the Italian language. Borrowing that word and the essence of why we are revisiting this blog are one and the same. "Let's cross over."

"Attraversiamo."

No comments: