Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Was There For Tony Blair

I came, I waited, I saw, and I listened to him. The Special Envoy Quartet on the Middle East. A man of faith, and a man of peace.



Tony Blair donning the La Salle green jacket after being conferred the Signum Meriti award led by Bro. Armin Luistro, F.S.C.




He is indeed a walking book of anecdotes and I was simply dazzled by his wisdom. Here are parts of his speech that were most relevant to me:

"If you want to change the world, you have to understand the world as it is, and not as you would like it to be, especially that we live in a fast changing world, in an era of low predictability, and where the shift of power is to the east."

"People don't like change. They like change in general, but not in particular. In this modern world, there is no room for complacency."

"There are no enemies, just human beings with different perspectives."

"Change is also for personal development. One should always be in perpetual revolution."

"Don't lead for the sake of leading. Lead for a cause you believe in."

"What is forgivable is to fail. What is unforgivable is not to try at all."

"Countries have to find their place in the modern world. They have to define themselves."

No comments: